Camden Lakeside Country Club is proudly owned & operated by Wests Campbelltown group of clubs.
This Privacy Statement sets out Wests Campbelltown Group of Clubs commitment to safeguarding your personal information.
Compliance with privacy legislation
This Privacy Statement describes the purposes for which we may collect, store, use and disclose your personal information. It generally applies whenever you give personal information to us when you use our products or services or when we do business with you.
This Privacy Statement covers your dealings with any company in the Wests entity or controlled entities.
This Privacy Statement describes how we will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988, including the National Privacy Principles.
Collection of personal information
Personal information is generally defined as information or an opinion that can identify a person. This information could include information such as your name, postal or email address, date of birth, image and financial details.
The type of personal information that we may collect from you will depend on the dealings you may have with us. For example, we may require more information about you when you apply for club membership (e.g. production of identification documents) than we may require to enable you to enter a competition for example.
If it is reasonable or practical to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly when you use our products and services or enter into arrangements with us. Depending on the product or service that we provide to you, we may collect your personal information from third parties. If you are an agent who has, or is entering into, an arrangement to provide products and services on our behalf, we may also collect your personal information from credit reporting agencies.
We also have obligations to collect personal information under anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing legislation.
Use of personal information
We operate a number of businesses which handle personal information.
The general purposes for which we may collect and hold your personal information (and share that information with related companies) are:
- to identify you;
- to provide you with the product or service that you have requested and any benefits you may subsequently become entitled to in relation to that product or service;
- to manage and administer a product or service to you on an ongoing basis;
- to protect your use of the product or service, and our ability to provide that product or service;
- if you are an agent who is entering into an arrangement to provide products and services on our behalf, to obtain a credit report from a credit reporting agency to assess an application for commercial credit;
- to obtain a credit report or other information from a credit reporting agency or financial services provider to assess an application for any form of credit or payment facility which may be extended or offered to you; and
- to comply with any obligations that we may have under laws that apply to our business, such as preparing player activity statements and monitoring the responsible provision of gambling services in the club, including the exclusion of patrons from the club.
We may also use the information we collect about you, including your use of our products and services, to keep you informed about our products and services where they are relevant to your continued use of those products and services or your preferences.
Information about the way and frequency with which you use our products and services may also be used by us for the purposes of quality control and to develop and improve the products and services that we are able to offer to you.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information where we are required or authorised to do so by or under law or where the disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the law. This may occur under the laws that apply to our business, for example, where a regulatory authority requests information from us. This includes obligations that we have under anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing legislation and in connection with our obligations relating to the responsible provision of gambling services.
In addition, there are circumstances in which we may disclose your personal information to another organisation for particular purposes that are important to help us to operate our business. These circumstances are described in detail below.
Sharing information with other organisations
We will not sell your personal information to other organisations.